Application: Work at The WOW!
Are you hard working? Creative? Love people?
Apply to work at The WOW! Factory!
WEEKEND & EVENING MANAGER Job Posting:
The WOW! Factory LLC is looking for an Evening & Weekend Studio Manager to join
About The WOW! Factory LLC
A female-owned Paint Your Own Pottery Studio located in Morgantown, WV.
Offering Pottery Painting, Glass Fusing, Clay Hand building, Mosaics, and Canvas
Painting. Our mission at The WOW! Factory is to create a relaxed, fun, clean
atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable. We help the “creatively challenged”
find their creative side. Our goal is to provide assistance so that the customer is
delighted with their masterpiece!
What makes us different from the rest is CUSTOMER SERVICE! We’re fun, friendly,
and relaxed. People feel like they know us and we know them as more than a
customer. This is what will make us successful and stand out from the rest!
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Excellent customer service skills
At least one year of experience in a management role and/or
Proficient in or quick to learn WordPress, Microsoft Office, & Square
Team player with studio owners and assistants
Strong spoken and written communication skills
The ability to work with customers of all ages from diverse academic,
cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
Able to lift 50lb boxes of clay and stand/walk for extended periods of
General Art experience and teaching abilities preferred but not
Oversee operations of the studio when scheduled.
Supervise and work with a team of studio assistants to provide excellent
customer service and a clean/organized environment for customers to
Work with the Studio Art Director to plan, organize, and execute special
Provide smooth execution of scheduled parties, classes, and events.
Collect and organize payments through our Square POS
Communicates with the Studio Art Director and Owners regularly to
ensure smooth day-to-day studio operations.
New Employee Training
Answer customer emails and voicemails
General studio maintenance (fire kilns, glaze pottery, clean and
Pay starts at $15/hour depending on experience.
Some Weekday Evenings and all Weekends
TEAM MEMBER Rolling Applications:
The WOW! Factory is looking for outgoing and upbeat team members to join our team. The perfect applicant is someone who uplifts the creative experience for our guests. We are looking for someone who will have the personality, patience, and enthusiasm to thrive in this role. Art experience is NOT necessary!
Working at The WOW! Factory is like working in a “creativity restaurant”—if you are able to perform well in a fast-paced environment or have restaurant serving experience, we’d love to meet you!
The WOW! Factory is a do-it-yourself art studio based in Morgantown, WV that offers kiln-fired art projects including paint-your-own pottery, glass fusing, and clay hand building along with non-fired art including mosaics, canvas painting, and wood sign stenciling! Our mission is to provide fun, friendly, and safe opportunities for our community to create and connect. We create happiness!
Job Title: Team Member
Supervisor: Team Lead or Manager
Working Conditions: Part Time, 10-20 hours per week (two to four shifts). The average shift is 4-6 hours. There may be up to 25-30 hours available for the right person.
Working Days: Variable, must commit to at least one weekend shift per week.
All team members are responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring the studio is a clean, welcoming, and fun destination to explore creativity and make memories.
Team Member responsibilities include:
- Greeting, assisting, and serving customers
- Providing accurate information to visitors on products, techniques, pricing, etc.
- Providing clear and easy-to-follow instructions for visitors of varying experience levels and ages
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace, including cleaning the studio, tables, and supplies
- Multi-tasking while working the studio floor and assisting guests, including answering phone calls in a friendly and efficient manner, booking parties and events, along with daily cleaning and organization
- Using Square POS and iPads to check out guests and handle cash and credit card transactions accurately and completely
- Wrapping finished customer orders for pick-up
- Processing orders, including matching finished orders
- Leading and instructing parties, camps, and workshops for kids and adults in a confident and efficient manner
- Putting away inventory and supply orders as they arrive and restocking shelves and supplies as needed.
- Maintaining a clean and professional appearance
- Contributing to the team environment at the studio by learning from and effectively communicating with teammates.
- Lifting of boxes and/or supplies between 5-50 pounds
- Working 6+ hours on your feet
- Stretching, twisting, and bending to load/unload kilns or clean
- Crouching, stooping, or kneeling to stock or retrieve pottery or clean
- Climbing to retrieve pottery or clean
- Fine motor skills
Pay: Team Members start at $10/hr for initial training, with potential increases after the probationary period and with increased skills (ie: kiln room work).
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Fun and Creative work environment
- Park-time work on Weekdays, Evenings, and Weekends
- Serving or Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred not Required)
Work Location: In person